The Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA) programme gives participants the opportunity to:
- Gain exposure to leadership scenarios
- Explore problem-solving strategies as part of a team
- Discuss and apply creative approaches to leadership and conflict management
- Build confidence in yourself and what you can achieve
- Meet new people and make lasting friendships
- Learn how to arrange youth activities and community service projects at locally and internationally
Being a leader is not just about being confident enough to speak out and knowing what to say, it is knowing when to listen to others and understand. RYLA teaches this, and other soft skills, to help everyone to be the best they can be.
Teamwork exercises bring people together from different walks of life in a safe environment where everyone can get to know each other without fear of exclusion or negativity.